IX. Daniel TROWBRIDGE - b Jan 1787 and Bapt 29 Jun 1789 Williamstown, Ontario, Canada; d 15 Dec 1841 at Berkshire, VT; m first to Jane MENZIE - b Scotland; m second 28 Jan 1818 at St. Armand, Can to Phebe OLMSTEAD
1. John TROWBRIDGE - b Aug 1808
2. Isabel TROWBRIDGE
3. Harry TROWBRIDGE - b 1 Feb 1810 (twin)
4. Harriett TROWBRIDGE - b 1 Feb 1810 (twin)
5. Stephen TROWBRIDGE - b 1812
6. Daniel TROWBRIDGE - b 6 May 1819; d 15 Nov 1880 Sheldon, VT
7. Orissa Harriett TROWBRIDGE - b 24 Apr 1821; m 16 Oct 1840 to Hazen TRACEY
8. Alonzo TROWBRIDGE - b 12 Jan 1823
9. Sarah Isabel TROWBRIDGE - b 20 Oct 1826; m 9 Feb 1848 to Tolman TRACEY
10 Lorenzo TROWBRIDGE - b 24 Feb 1828; d 5 May 1848 in Leicester, MA
11. Seymour TROWBRIDGE - b 4 Mar 1829
Daniel Trowbridge was married 1rst to Jane Menzie - they settled in Pompey Hill, NY.
He married 2nd to Phoebe Olmstead in 1818 at St. Armand, Canada. Phoebe was the daughter of James and Sarah (Whitlock) Olmstead. After this marriage Daniel removed to Berkshire, Vermont.
He was a tailor by trade. He was well educated and considered an excellent violinist.
A book compiled by THE HISTORICAL COMMITTEE of Windham Township, Wyoming County, PA (1977) has this Daniel Trowbridge married to Lucretia Nicholas. (possibly wife number three)
(Town of Pompey was formed in 1789 in Onondaga County, NY)
(Town of Preble, Cortland Co, NY was formed from Town of Tully upon the organization of Cortland County which was formed from Onondaga Co. on April 8, 1808)