IV. William TROWBRIDGE - Bapt. 3 Sep 1633 Exeter, Devonshire, Eng; d 1688 West Haven, CT; m 9 Mar 1656/57 Milford, CT to Elizabeth LAMBERTON - b 1632 Eng; d 1716 West Haven, CT; dau of George & Margaret (LEWEN) LAMBERTON; Ch were:
1. William TROWBRIDGE - b 12 Nov 1657
2. Thomas TROWBRIDGE - b 2 Oct 1659
3. Elizabeth TROWBRIDGE - b 5 Jan 1661/62
4. James TROWBRIDGE - b 26 Mar 1664
5. Margaret TROWBRIDGE - b 1 Jun 1666
6. Hannah TROWBRIDGE - b 6 Jul 1668 (twin)
7. Abigail TROWBRIDGE - b 6 Jul 1668 (twin)
8. Samuel TROWBRIDGE - b 7 Oct 1670
9. Mary TROWBRIDGE - b 12 Oct 1672
10. Joseph TROWBRIDGE - b 1676; m 1708 Fairfield, CT to Ann SHERWOOD
|NOTES FOR WILLIAM TROWBRIDGE|
William's wife, Elizabeth (Lamberton) Sellivant, was the widow of Daniel Sellivand and daughter of George and Margaret (Lewen) Lamberton. The servant of William's father (Thomas Trowbridge), a man named Gibbons, managed affairs badly for William and his brothers. Their custody was taken over by a friend of Thomas in New Haven, Sgt. Thomas Jeffrey. William was schooled by the famous schoolmaster, Ezekiel Cheevers.
William was referred to as a planter in adult life. In 1664 he was master of a sloop "Cocke". He was nominated freeman in Connecticut 13 May 1669.