X. John TROWBRIDGE - b Aug 1808 Pompey Hill, NY; d 31 Jan 1892 Jenningsville, Wyoming Co, PA; m May 1832 in Browntown, PA to Anna BROWN - b 10 May 1815 Browntown, PA; d 25 Sep 1902 at Jenningsville; dau of Josiah BROWN & Lydia PHILLIPS; Ch were:
1. George TROWBRIDGE
2. Lydia TROWBRIDGE - m Bradley ALLEN
3. Daniel TROWBRIDGE - b 25 Jul 1831; d 3 Jul 1904
4. Ruth TROWBRIDGE - b 17 Oct 1836; m Lorenzo MYERS
5. Harriet TROWBRIDGE - b 27 Mar 1839
6. Abbie Lucretia TROWBRIDGE - b 31 Mar 1841; m 8 Aug 1858 to Sam ROBINSON
7. Joshua TROWBRIDGE - b 30 Mar 1843
8. Josiah TROWBRIDGE - b 25 Jul 1845; d 11 Nov 1886 at Windham, Wyoming Co, PA
9. Mary Ellen TROWBRIDGE - b 7 Mar 1848; d 16 Oct 1933 at Tunkhannock, Wyoming Co, PA Bur Sunnyside Cemetery; m May 1909 to Hiram REDMOND Sr
10. Hannah Janette TROWBRIDGE - b 1 May 1850; d 25 Dec 1913, Buried at North Flat, PA; m 11 Dec 1867 to William BROWN
11. John (Jack) TROWBRIDGE - b 23 Sep 1852
12. Elish Harrison TROWBRIDGE - b 11 Oct 1854; m Sarah THOMPSON
John Trowbridge came to Pennsylvania at the age of sixteen. He was employed for about ten years by General Sterling Ross at Wilkes-Barre. He boarded at Josiah Brown's, fell in love with Anna.
John and Anna moved to Jenningsville in 1842. Later he bought farmland in Windham, built a log cabin and cleared a farm.
John was a soldier in the Civil War, stating his age as younger than he was in order to be allowed to enlist. He was mustered out March 30, 1864 in Co. K, 143rd, Pa. Inf. He continued in service until he was taken ill. He was discharged in July 1864.
In the 1880 census for Windham Twp, Wyoming County, PA, there is a granddaughter in the household - Lydia, age 11.